Introduction to Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Machines book by the author by S.K. Som, Gautam Biswas, S. Chakraborty provides the reader with a good foundation to understand fluid mechanics and apply that knowledge in the proliferating world of engineering science.
The content in the book has been rearranged and rejuvenated in such a way that each chapter introduces the topic and then familiarises the students with all the associated principles and applications in a systematic manner.
This book features the inclusion of a chapter end summary, to help the readers analyze their understanding of each topic.
This book also includes a set of solved examples and challenges readers with exercise problems, that have been strategically chosen to explain the nuances of the basic principles of fluid mechanics.
The book was written by the authors with the aim to help the students analyze and design various flow systems and help them master fluid mechanics and machines.
About the Authors of the book:
- SK Som, Gautam Biswas, S Chakraborty SK Som, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Gautam Biswas, Director and J C Bose National Fellow, Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
- S Chakraborty, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction and Fundamental Concepts
2. Fluid Statics
3. Kinematics of Fluid
4. Conservation of Equation and Analysis of Finite Control Volumes
5. Applications of Equations of Motion and Mechanical Energy
6. Principles of Physically Similarity and Dimensional Analysis.
7. Flow of Ideal Fluids
8. Viscous Incompressible Flows
9. Laminar Boundary Layers
10. Turbulent Flow
11. Applications of Viscous Flows Through Pipes
12. Flows with a Free Surface
13. Applications of Unsteady Flows
14. Compressible Flow
15. Principle of Fluid Mechanics
16.Compressors, Fans and Blowers
Appendix A & B